Serving size: approximately 2 bowlfuls
- Cold water
- 1 zucchini (steam time is approximately 10 minutes)
- 1 parsnip (steam time is approximately 20 minutes)
- 4 beetroots (golden, purple, striped, white; according to availibility and your taste; steam time is approximately 10–15 minutes)
- ¼ tsp of black salt (Cosmoveda, for example; according to availibility and your taste)
- 2 tsp of ground turmeric
- 2 tsp of ground oregano
- Fresh basil leaves (according to availibility and your taste)
Cut the vegetables into slices.
Place the parsnip in a steam basket. After approximately 10 minutes add beetroots, and after approximately 10 min add zucchini.
In a pot, start to heat up the water (approximately 3 cm water).
When the water is almost boiling, place the steam basket into a pot with a fitting lid.
Do not forget to keep an eye on the vegetables. You might need to add more water.
Steam till all the vegetables are cooked but not too soft.
When the stew is tender, add fresh basil and remove the pot from the stove.
Add the spices and black salt (according to your taste).