Serving size: approximately 2 bowlfuls
- 1 ½ cups of organic raw buckwheat groats
- 2 small-size beetroots (yellow/pink/white/red; according to availibility and your taste)
- 1 medium-size sweet potato
- 200 g tomato sauce (homemade/bought)
- 2 slices of cheese (Violife, for example; according to availibility and your taste)
- ¼ tsp of black salt (Cosmoveda, for example; according to availibility and your taste)
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tsp of ground turmeric
- 2 tsp of ground basil
- 1 tsp of ground coriander
- 2 tsp of ground oregano
- 2 tsp of hashed ginger
- 2 tsp of curry powder
- 2 tsp of spirulina powder, to serve (according to your taste)
In a pot, start to heat up the water.
Peel the sweet potato into a medium and the beetroots into a small-size pieces.
Add the pieces of beetroots to the boiling water.
After approximately 4 minutes add the sweet potato and the buckwheat groats. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and let simmer for 6 minutes.
Now add the tomato sauce.
Stir the stew occasionally. You might need to add more water.
When the stew is tender, add the spices, two slices of cheese and black salt (according to your taste).
Serve with spirulina, or some fresh herbs (according to your taste).